Monday, May 3, 2010

Week 1 -- Game Change

Ok, so I have to confess I did not finish my book -- but only because I got a concussion this week. I did manage to finish all but 60 pages of this 400+ page book.




I have mixed feelings about this book. Virtually everything in it I take with a grain of salt. Mostly because I wonder how the authors got such exact quotes about such shocking stuff and who they got it from. Even more because the people speaking about it had to be very close insiders, loyalists to the canidate who suddenly changed their stripes and exposed their friends and collegues. Just doesn't make sense.



That being said, it is a slow but interesting read. Parts of it were quite boring but others were page turners. Some of it was just sickening -- such as diggs at John McCain's wife having a boyfriend, Elizabeth Edwards being a shrew dying of cancer etc. I mean, why did that need to be in there?



Would I read it again, probably not. Am I glad I read it? No.



Oh, well, on to week 2.

No comments:

Post a Comment